Employee Assistance Programme
An Employee Assistance Programme is a provision made by employers in order to help employees deal with any personal or professional problems that may be having a detrimental effect on them. While these programmes are often made available where the employee’s issues are impacting on their workplace performance or productivity, they’re also there to help them manage any health or wellbeing issues that are also arising as a result. Overall, by providing a means to tackle the issues present, employees feel supported, respected, empowered and capable of overcoming their problems. The employee assistance programme can provide support in different ways, dependent on the employee’s problem, such as:
- Access to a confidential helpline.
- Telephone counselling;
- Face-to-face counselling;
People cope with and manage their problems in different ways, but we all face times in our lives where things get on top of us. When these things get particularly difficult for an individual, it can start affecting their performance at work, bringing the problem to the attention of their employers. Left without appropriate support, the issue may escalate, and in turn you may notice other related issues such as:
- A drain on your time or resources;
- Short or long term absence ;
- Reduced performance and productivity;
- An impact on workplace morale or relationships;
An employee assistance programme will ensure that any staff members facing problems have access to help and advice from qualified counsellors:
- 24 hours a day ;
- 7 days a week ;
- 365 days a year ;
- Practical support;
- Recommendations for solutions;
What are the benefits to my business?
Providing an Employee Assistance Programme demonstrates that you take your commitment to your staff’s health and well-being seriously. It allows you to focus on running your business, knowing your employees are in the safe hands of appropriate professionals.
There’s clear evidence to show that long and short term absenteeism is reduced in organisations that have an Employee Assistance Programme in place.
Other benefits of our EAP include:
- Online Health Assessments – a recent audit showed 38% of users felt significantly healthier and had better lifestyle habits within 90 days.
- HSE approved personal coaching and lifestyle tool
- Web based presentations, email broadcasts of the benefits and individual employee leaflets and wallet card.
- Unlimited telephone helpline access.
- ‘Active care’ – day one intervention for stress, providing the employer with Occupational Health support on the first day an employee provides a doctor’s certificate for stress, anxiety or depression.
- Inclusion of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with face-to-face sessions.
For more information about our effective Employee Assistance Programmes, please call our friendly team on 01-8860350 or send us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.